Aurore Harris is a certified Tarot reader and accomplished astrologer. Utilizing her deep understanding of both Tarot and astrology, she offers comprehensive readings designed to guide individuals towards understanding their life's purpose and full potential. In addition, Aurore pens insightful weekly horoscopes and Tarot forecasts.
Tarot cards have been used for centuries as a powerful tool for self-reflection, guidance, and divination. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced reader, it's important to approach tarot with respect and intention. In this guide, I'll share some essential do's and don'ts to help you navigate the world of tarot cards and tarot reading.
1. Set the right intention: Before you begin a reading, take a moment to ground yourself and set a clear intention. Ask yourself what you hope to gain from the reading and how you can best serve the person you're reading for.
2. Connect with your intuition: Tarot is a tool that helps us tap into our intuition. Trust your instincts and let your intuition guide you as you interpret the cards. Remember, there are no right or wrong answers in tarot.
3. Practice regularly: Like any skill, tarot reading improves with practice. Dedicate regular time to study the cards, practice different spreads, and deepen your understanding of the symbolism and meanings.
4. Keep a tarot journal: A tarot journal is a valuable tool for tracking your progress, recording your readings, and reflecting on your interpretations. Write down your thoughts, feelings, and insights after each reading to enhance your understanding and growth.
5. Respect client confidentiality: If you're reading for others, it's crucial to respect their privacy and keep their readings confidential. Create a safe and sacred space for your clients to share their concerns and experiences without judgment.
1. Don't rely solely on memorization: While it's important to learn the traditional meanings of the cards, don't limit yourself to memorization. Allow the cards to speak to you intuitively and trust your own interpretations.
2. Don't read when you're emotionally unstable: Tarot readings require a clear and focused mind. Avoid reading for yourself or others when you're feeling emotionally overwhelmed, as it may cloud your judgment and affect the accuracy of the reading.
3. Don't ask closed-ended questions: Closed-ended questions, which can be answered with a simple "yes" or "no," limit the depth and insight of a tarot reading. Instead, ask open-ended questions that encourage exploration and self-reflection.
4. Don't rely solely on reversed meanings: Reversed cards can add depth and nuance to a reading, but they shouldn't be the sole focus. Consider the context, surrounding cards, and your intuition when interpreting reversed cards.
5. Don't forget self-care: Tarot reading can be emotionally and energetically draining. Prioritize self-care by setting boundaries, taking breaks, and cleansing your energy after each reading. Remember to recharge and nurture yourself.
By following these do's and don'ts, you'll create a strong foundation for your tarot practice and ensure meaningful and insightful readings. Remember, tarot is a journey of self-discovery and personal growth. Embrace the magic and wisdom of the cards, and let them guide you on your path.
Wishing you love, light, and transformative tarot experiences,